Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Should I stay fairly close to a "concert presentation"?

I know that there are some people who hear auditions who like a very neutral presentation so that they can concentrate on the voice, but I, and I think many of my colleagues, prefer to see how you inhabit your character, not just vocally, but also dramatically. Of course, some of my previous posts deal with what I think you should consider as far as limiting your histrionics. In addition, you will probably learn over time whether you are one of the lucky few who is so vocally gifted, that success is almost assured just by the vocal performance. The reality for most of us is that a "complete package" needs to be presented for the best chance at success - and how you physically present your audition is an important part of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment