Monday, August 30, 2010

Alright then!

Well, no suggestions for topics yet (you must all still be in end of summer mode!)

So, the first topic I want to tackle for the Fall audition season is:

Knowing when I am ready.

This is a broad topic, but generally what I want to cover is:

What criteria do I use, and wo can give me the best advice on when to audition for the following various categories:

A. Apprentice Programs

B. Competitions

C. Graduate School

D. Pay to Sing programs
1. domestic
2. abroad

E. Other

In the days ahead, I will start to break this down, but in the meantime, I invite you to weigh in with your own thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Well I certainly can't talk for what other people do, but this has been my thinking so far in my YAP applications. While I can't overstate the importance of knowing what the people who are already in the top programs are doing/have done already, I think that having a trustworthy and experienced support system is the way to go. If one person makes a program or rep suggestion to me, that's something to think about, but if 3 people say the same kind of thing, that's something that probably needs to happen. Of course, finding that support system might be easier said than done. :D

    ReplyDelete