Monday, August 27, 2012

Response to a good question

I had this question to my most recent post about follow-up:
"Just curious what this updating looks like...as a young singer, I have been told this, but am unsure of what to keep them apprised of? I don't want to be a bother to them as busy directors and managers...what would be an appropriate way to follow up?"

The easiest way, and the one I suggest is a simple e-mail (since I will have given the singer my card with that info).  Something along the lines of":  "Mr. Smith, you asked me to keep you apprised of my activities, and I wanted to let you know that I have been accepted into the Apprentice program at the Acme Opera Company, where I will be singing the main stage role of Musetta in La Boheme.  I look forward to singing for you again.  Regards, Sally Brown"

Something like that will certainly remind me of the fact that I liked your audition, and that you have continued to make progress in your career.

No comments:

Post a Comment