Monday, January 14, 2013

In Memoriam.....

All of us who are on this journey of being professional singers, have had people in their lives that have inspired them and led them on their way.
This past week I lost the person who was my first inspiration, and my high school choral director.
Sam Shie, who was also my first voice teacher, passed away last Monday.  I was lucky enough to be able to drive to Ohio for his memorial service and visitation.
I feel very lucky to have had this man start me out in my career all the way back in high school, and I'm happy to say we never lost contact, and I was proud to call him friend over all these years.
I share this to say that if you have past mentors or teachers, and have been meaning to give them a call or drop them an e-mail to tell them again how much they have meant to you - do it!
None of us knows when this journey will end, and thanking those who have made it a worthwhile trip is an idea to not put off.

No comments:

Post a Comment