Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Yes, it's been a while!

It has been a while since I've been on here - no excuses - things got busy - I was in San Francisco for the Opera America conference, and then in Italy to direct a show and to go to the opera in Verona with some of our donors.

So, now I'm back, and I find that the crazy world we call Opera has enough interesting and challenging things going on it, that I feel like this blog is a good forum to comment on some of it.

I will certainly continue to comment on auditions, since that is such an important part of the opera business, but I will take time to comment on other things as well:

  • the "threats" to our business - fiscal, societal, and other.....
  • productions being updated - or not
  • new opera
  • anything else that comes to mind!

I hope that you will continue to read, and feel free to comment if something hits you positively...or negatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment