Thursday, April 19, 2012

Classical Singer Convention

I am looking forward to doing some presentations, sitting on a panel, and doing some "One on Ones" at the Classical Singer Convention in Chicago in May. I always learn so much about the crazy process of auditioning when I get to hear singers do it, and then get to have the opportunity to sit down and talk with them about it. I certainly feel I understand it a lot better now than I did when I was auditioning, and yet I feel, in some ways, I am still just scratching the surface.
One thing I do know, is that a big key to successful auditioning (and by this I mean how you feel about it, not whether or not you get the job) is finding a way to make it a performance, not an athletic event.
I know this is easier said than done, but I hope as I continue to explore this, I can find successful ways of doing just that, to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment