Thursday, March 21, 2013

Upcoming auditions

We will be having our live auditions for our Studio Artist Program next week, and as always, I am excited to hear young singers at the start of their journeys.
This puts me in mind of a point that I try to make when I present master classes - those of us who hear you want you to do well.
This may seem like an overly obvious point, but the reality is, when I talk to young singers, or if I think back to my own audition experiences, I find that there is a fear in auditions, that the people hearing the auditions are a negative force. 
I am not being naive, and I know that there are negative auditioning experiences, but the reality is, that in the vast majority of cases, your auditoners are pulling for you to do well.  Many of us have been in your shoes, and know what you're going through.
A recognition of this on your part, can take away at least one stress factor in your audition!

For those of you auditioning for us, and for those auditioning elsewhere,  I send you all good wishes for an audition that you will feel great about.

No comments:

Post a Comment