Friday, July 17, 2009

The third part..

Who to sing it for....I've touched on this a bit, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, brand new rep is great to try out for friends, colleagues, family, etc. Your core rep that is ready to go will be appropriate for companies, programs, or managers. A further caveat here (and any manager that wants to jump in here to either agree or disagree would be great) - A GD or AD will be listening in a vastly different way than a manager. For instance, a GD is listening for what will work with his or her company. A specific example: With my last company, my hall was 500 seats - now my main performing venue has 2200 seats, so how I might cast a show now as opposed to be then will be different. On the other hand, a manager will be listening to you with a view for how you might be sellable across a wide spectrum of the industry. Luckily, today, with the internet, there are a great many more ways to find out specific things about companies, managers, etc. So...do your homework to find out what to sing, when and for whom.

No comments:

Post a Comment