Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's been busy

I have not been on for a while, but I have been busy doing things that will bear fruit for this blog. Over the last couple of weeks:
  • I conducted a masterclass for our High School Masterclass program. 6 Young singers presented a variety of repertoire. I am amazed at how fearless these young singers are, and how poised they are already! I think back to me at that age doing something similar, and all I think is - No Way!
  • Our Scenes Program with our Studio Artists - I directed 14 Scenes from a variety of repertoire, including selections from our upcoming world premiere, Rio de Sangre.
  • We held auditions for our 2010-2011 Opera Studio program.
  • Maestro Joe Mechavich, newly named music director for Kentucky Opera did a wonderful masterclass and private coachings with our Studio Artists.
  • Next week, I start rehearsals on our Rigoletto, which I'm directing. I'm sure all of this activity will generate some posts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment